Friday, January 8, 2010

Tooth Fairy

I'm not a fan of the dentist. never have been. That may have something to do with the fact that I can probably count on one hand how many times I've been & haven't had cavities. My teeth hate me. So, when Doc told me {over a year ago} that I needed to get my wisdom teeth cut out, I grew to dislike his job even more. I finally manned up made an appointment (mostly because the pain of them growing into my jaw was unbearable) to get them removed. When Wednesday rolled around, I came up with every excuse possible to cancel my appointment. None of them were legit, of course. So, I decided to be a big girl and face the man. Contrary to what most would believe if having a conversation with me, I have a very small mouth. Thus, normally creating very large problems for my lovely dental visits. After lots of scary stories of what was going to happen to me, I sat in that seat that I hate so dearly & got a mouthful of shots to numb me up reallll good. It's sad that I'm almost 22 years old, and the dentist knows that I'm still such a little baby...which is one more reason why I'll never move to a far away place, because I refuse to be forced to find another dentist. So, after only thirty minutes {trust me, it seemed much longer} I was puffy faced & on my way home to dream in la la land for the rest of the day. I emerged unscathed (with the exception of 2 missing teeth) from the incident, and have now proclaimed myself a big girl...at least until May, when I go back for a check up!

No comments:

Post a Comment